Latvian Government is now accepting applications for ‘Study Scholarships’ to pursue undergraduate, master and PhD degree. These scholarships are available to international students for the academic year 2019-2020.
Scholarships are offered to foreign students, researchers and teaching staff who have successfully completed at least one academic year of studies for studies, research, and participation in summer schools.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
• Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
• Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate, master and PhD degree.
• Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any subject available at Latvian HEI.
• Scholarship Award: It consists:
The amount of the Latvian state scholarship for studies is:
– For bachelor`s and master`s students – 500 EUR per month;
– For PhD students – 670 EUR per month.
Introduction – An applicant has to register in the system and make a profile with a unique login and password. An on-line application form is here. After that, an application form can be filled in online and necessary documents can be attached there as well.
How to Apply: The system will require the following documents to be uploaded:
• Curriculum Vitae (CV). Please use the Europass template: europass.cedefop.europa.eu
• Letter of motivation (including activities outside studies related to the study field in Latvia or in the home country, e. g. work in professional organisations, participation in scientific conferences, international projects)
• Photocopies of diplomas of higher education and supplements or a transcript of records of the last two study semesters (if studies are not completed)
• Copies of two letters of recommendation from academic staff members, signed within the last six months
• A copy of a letter of the relevant Latvian higher education institution, confirming the foreigner’s opportunity to study in the chosen study programme and informing about the language of instruction (Latvian or other EU official language). Please send to the contact person of the Latvian HEI your CV and diploma supplement (or transcript of records of the last two semesters if studies are not completed jet).
• Study plan for the duration of the scholarship.
• A copy of a certificate or other document certifying the language proficiency required for studies
• Copy of an ID (identification document) or a passport.
All documents, which are not in Latvian or English, shall be translated into Latvian or English.
Any incomplete applications will not be considered.
If applicants are nominated by a competent authority of their countries – Ministry of Education, Agency for Education etc. – they have to contact the authority and send application documents to the authority as well, if required.
For more information follow the link